Ongoing Portfolio Management
You and your family work hard to accumulate assets over a lifetime. The hope is that, when the time comes for you to leverage those assets, they’ll be there for you to benefit from. Our ongoing portfolio management is all about helping you manage your financial assets using a prudent and conscientious approach.
Why Ongoing Portfolio Management is Important
Individuals and families depend on the assets they accumulate over the years to sustain them later in life – in retirement or in the event of an unforeseen need. However, not everyone has the time to monitor and manage those assets. And even if you do have the time, you might not have the skills and patience to do so. In not managing your assets diligently, you could leave them exposed to erosion, destruction or depletion. The result: You might not have those assets (or enough of them) in times of need.
What We Can Do For You
Our Ongoing Portfolio Management service covers:
- Determining your objectives: Not everyone has the same, or similar, financial objectives as they embark upon accumulating their wealth. To manage your assets prudently, we first need to understand what your goals are for initially accumulating and subsequently using those assets.
- Helping you choose your optimal asset allocation: There are literally hundreds of asset-types that you can invest in, and as many ways to do so! Depending on your goals, we’ll help you choose the right asset mix that will most efficiently and effectively accomplish those goals.
- Building your portfolio: Today, thanks to DIY-investing, anyone can create a discount brokerage account and start buying assets and including them into a portfolio. However, that’s not the most efficient or effective way to create log-term wealth. Using the asset allocation agreed upon, we’ll build a results-focused portfolio of investments that will help get you to your financial objectives.
- Managing and monitoring the portfolio: Unless you have the time and patience to dedicate to portfolio management, it can’t be done effectively. We know you have other things to do – such as living your life, so we’ll watch over the portfolio for you, making sure it never strays from delivering the objectives you desire.
- Measuring performance: We track the performance of your assets under our care, and constantly measure how they are performing against industry recognized benchmarks.
- Managing risk: Our strategy includes appropriate risk mitigation as part of this service. Where there are new risks to the portfolio, we’ll consult with you and propose timely and appropriate actions to manage and mitigate them.
- Quarterly reporting: Every quarter we provide an appraisal report that shows the return on your portfolio after fees as well as the return to the benchmark so that you may evaluate our performance. Along with this report, clients receive a quarterly market review that discusses what happened in the markets and how they fared.
- Reviewing and rebalancing: We will continually review and rebalance your assets periodically, while considering tax implications, to ensure that it is consistent with your prescribed asset allocation. Should changes in your life warrant changes to your plan, we will meet with you to discuss what adjustments should be incorporated.